The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has directed all eateries to withdraw all eat-in arrangements in their premises and make use of takeaways packs, as part of measures to contain the spread of the COVID-19 in Abuja.
The FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Bello, gave the directive on Thursday in Abuja at a news conference at the end of FCTA Stakeholders’ meeting in the battle against COVID 19.
Bello explained that withdraw of eat-in arrangements at all restaurants would discourage the convergence of customers at one particular spot.
He also called on those who patronise eateries to embrace home delivery as a service alternative.
” In our bid to further enforce social distancing, all eateries are to withdraw all seating arrangements in their premises and are make use of takeaways packs instead,” he said.
Bello also directed that business activities in the FCT must be between the hours of 6a.m. and 9p.m. daily.
He said that in order to enforce public compliance to all directives issued on the containment of COVID-19 in the FCT, five monitoring teams had been commissioned.
The minister noted that the teams are mandated to enforce compliance in parks, clubs, markets, motor parks, buses, taxis, places of worship, schools and at the six Area Councils.
Bello said that, to ensure effective coordination of all activities on the containment of virus, the FCTA had also established the COVID-19 Situation Room to be domiciled at the FCT Call Centre
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports the telephone numbers of the call centre to include: 08099936312, 08099936313, 08099936314 and 07080631500.
Bello explained that the numbers would furnish the monitoring teams with the necessary information to address real time issues as they arise.
” In addition, members of the public are advised to also use the National Emergency Toll free number 112,” he said.
The minister, however, enjoined all FCT residents to remain calm and abide by all laid down directives, saying “together, we can defeat COVID-19.” (NAN)