
Kaduna State Governor, Uba Sani presenting cheque to one of the households affected by the ongoing Rigasa township road projects
Kaduna State Governor Uba Sani, has assured residents of Kaduna State that no building will be demolished and no citizen dispossessed of property without fair and adequate compensation.
The governor made the pledge on Thursday at Rigasa during the flag-off of cheque distribution to 189 households affected by the ongoing Rigasa township road projects.
He stressed that his administration would not hide under the guise of “overriding public interest” to displace property owners in the course of executing development projects.
According to him, the groundbreaking ceremony for Makera Road, Lokoja Road, Ado Gwaram Road and Asmau Makarfi Spur was held on September 12, 2025, and work has since progressed steadily.
He said drainage systems and hydraulic structures had been constructed, while earthworks had advanced along key sections of the project corridors.
However, the governor noted that government encountered what he described as a moral challenge when it became clear that homes, businesses and essential service infrastructure were located within the designated right-of-way.
“In response, we directed that construction be temporarily slowed to allow for a thorough, transparent and equitable assessment of all affected properties and utilities,” he said.
Governor Sani added that since assuming office on May 29, 2023, his administration has been guided by justice, compassion and integrity.
“Public interest must never eclipse private rights without restitution. Roads and bridges may define the physical landscape of a state, but fairness and empathy define its moral landscape,” he stated.
He described the distribution of cheques to the 189 affected households as an act of justice rather than charity, enabling beneficiaries to relocate, rebuild or reorganise their lives with dignity.
The governor disclosed that similar compensation had been paid to about 120 households in Mahuta under the Rabah Road project; 282 households from Magajiya to Albarkawa in Zaria; 14 households from Audi to Kako; 86 households linking Dogon Bauchi to Kakiyeyi; and 33 households along the Kabala Costain corridor.
“In total, we have disbursed about N2.85 billion in compensation across Kaduna State,” he said, reiterating his administration’s commitment to balancing infrastructure development with the protection of citizens’ rights.



