
FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, is preparing to respond to former Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal’s recent comments targeting him and President Bola Tinubu.
Mr. Lere Olayinka, Wike’s Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications and Social Media, announced this in a statement issued on Monday in Abuja.
Olayinka assured that Wike would not let Tambuwal’s remarks, which cast aspersions on both the minister and the President, go unanswered. During an appearance on Channels Television’s _Politics Today_ on Friday, Tambuwal stated, “My political choices have always been guided by principles of leadership and not by personal relationships.”
He also declared that, if forced to choose a national leader, he would support former Vice President Atiku Abubakar over Wike.
Olayinka noted that he had been inundated with calls, particularly from journalists, seeking Wike’s reaction to Tambuwal’s statements.
He said, “Apart from what he said against the minister, Tambuwal also cast aspersions on President Tinubu and such will not go unresponded to.”
He further emphasized, “Therefore, what I can say is that the minister will respond accordingly. He will definitely tell Nigerians what a betrayal is and what it means to have integrity.”
Olayinka concluded, “Till then, let’s keep our fingers crossed,” signaling that Wike’s response would address the allegations head-on.




