
NAHCON Chairman, Professor Abdullahi Usman
National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has set December 31, 2025, as the final date for intending pilgrims to complete payment for the 2026 Hajj.
Speaking during a pressl conference in Kano on Friday, the Commission’s Chairman, Professor Abdullahi Usman, said the deadline was carefully chosen to facilitate effective planning and smooth coordination ahead of the pilgrimage.
“In order to retain their allocations, State Pilgrims’ Welfare Boards must remit 50 percent of the total fare by October 8, 2025,” he noted. “Accordingly, by Dec. 31, 2025, every pilgrim must have completed payment.”
Usman stressed that the deadlines are more than procedural—they are critical to ensuring early bookings, securing solid contracts, and delivering efficient services to pilgrims.
“These deadlines are not just administrative measures, but pillars that guarantee early camp booking, stronger contracts, and efficient service delivery,” he emphasized.
Fresh from a recent visit to Saudi Arabia, Usman revealed that his trip focused on securing better deals and affordable services for Nigerian pilgrims.
“Our task was negotiation, planning, and securing the best services for Nigerian intending pilgrims. Today, I stand before you not with promises, but results,” he said.
Through negotiations with Saudi partners and various state boards, NAHCON achieved a significant cost reduction—over ₦200,000 per pilgrim.
With Nigeria allotted 66,910 Hajj slots for 2026, this translates to a collective savings of more than ₦19 billion for Nigerian pilgrims.
Usman described the development as being in line with President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda, which prioritizes easing financial burdens on citizens.
As part of its early preparations, NAHCON has already signed key agreements for the upcoming Hajj.
These include contracts with Mashariq Dhahabiyya Company for Masha’ir services and Daleel Al-Ma’aleem Company for transportation. Accommodation and feeding arrangements in Madinah have also been finalized, with top-tier facilities secured in the Markaziyya area at competitive rates.
In a move to enhance accountability, the Commission has also inaugurated the 2026 Hajj Tour Operators Screening Committee to ensure only certified and competent operators are allowed to participate.
“The days of shortcuts and cutting corners are over,” Usman declared.
He added that comprehensive staff training is underway to reinforce the commission’s operational capacity ahead of the Hajj season.
Usman also reminded the public that 2026 Hajj fares were released earlier this year to provide enough time for pilgrims to make payments.
The fare structure is as follows: ₦8,118,333.67 for Maiduguri/Yola departures, ₦8,244,813.67 for other Northern states, and ₦8,561,013.67 for Southern states.
“The success of Hajj 2026 cannot be improvised; it must be built early with discipline, foresight and courage. That is why we engaged, negotiated and acted ahead of time,” he concluded.
NAN




